25th Annual Dinner Live Auction Items
On Line or Absentee Bids accepted,
Call 1-845-439-4810 to leave bid or for more information.
Auction to follow serving of desert and coffee. This year we have the pleasure of long time supporter of the CFFCM and rod maker, Bill Campbell from Warrenville, IL. Please feel free to raise your hand or give Bill a nod often, this will make Bill’s job easier. Numbers shown in ( ) are guideline amounts of estimated, actual, or suggested retail values. Don’t let them influence you; this is a benefit auction and bids over these amounts are graciously accepted.
1.The Beaverkill-The History of a River and Its People: a book by Ed Van Put. Soft cover and in limited supply. Ed is here and will be glad to autograph/inscribe this book to you or for a gift. His mother, Agnes is here too, and if you ask nicely, she will sign it too. This book is a ‘must have’ for everyone fishing The Beaverkill Valley.
2. A Day with Ed Van Put: Spend a day fishing the local waters with Catskills expert and area historian Ed Van Put. Ed has been fishing these waters for over 35 years and he knows where the fish are and how to catch them. You will never have a day like this in your life.
Ed is the author of The Beaverkill –The History of a River and Its People.
3. Whatizit: Here is an eclectic little jewel that you just won’t find everyday. Rare it is. Truly a conversation starter, a ‘what not’ on that hearth or mantle piece that will always gain attention.
Donated by Sandy Stone, it was hard to pry from his hands.
4. A Morning with Joan Wulff: This only comes up once a year and only here at the CFFCM Annual Dinner and Auction. Spend an intimate morning fishing with Joan Wulff and share a streamside lunch catered and served by Jim Krul before retuning home. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.
From Joan Wulff and The CFFCM
5. Welcome Mat? 4’ X 6’ Wool hooked rug with trout design, tastefully appoints any room with theme of the house.
Donated by Annie’s Place,
6. Lee Wulff Tied White Wulff: Lee Wulff never used a vise. A self taught fly tyer at the age of 10, Lee used materials available and the only tools he had, his fingers. This is an authentic Lee Wulff Fly, custom framed with Joan’s authenticity to the source, Lee. Bringing many hundreds of dollars at finer auctions including Lang’s, this one should go for more.
Donated by Joan Wulff.
7. Bone Fishing at Andros Island: This is one of the most popular destination fly fishing trips we have offered over the past 5 years and we do it again because it is a real winner. Beat the cold and beat the water for magnificent fishing in the pleasant clime of The Bahamas. The Andros Island Bone Fishing Club will provide two anglers with 4 nights and 3 days of guided fishing. The package includes lodging, all meals, boat and guide service. You provide travel arrangements.
Donated by The Andros Island Bone Fishing Club
8. 14K Gold Trout Pendant A rainbow trout with emerald eye, weighing in at over ¼ oz of 14K gold is magnificently captured in mid leap by Jewelers KD&G of Miami. The perfect accessory to any attire, subtly getting real attention, more than a whisper. Considering the price of gold, this could be a sure fire investment to boot.
Donated by KD&G
9. Guest Fly Tyers 2003 Fly Mount Since 1998, The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum has produced a special fund raising shadow box composed of the guest fly tyers. This year’s frame includes over 30 flies from the best of the best: Poul Jorgensen, Ralph Graves, Floyd Franke, and the like. These special mounts can never be duplicated and are treasured by previous winners. Framed by Ted Patlen
10. Four for Labrador: A trip for trophy 5, 6 & even 7 lb. brook trout on a dry fly you will never forget, to Jack Cooper’s Minipi Camps, Labrador. As of right now, there is room for four for this July at either Minonipi or Anne Marie Lodges, or for next season of your choice of Minipi, Minonipi, or Anne Marie. You pick the dates and provide your own air transportation to Goose Bay, and they will provide air to lodges, meals, guides and licenses. Ask David Brandt or Jim Krul of the adventures you will encounter and believe them, they are true. Trophy brookies that Lee Wulff discovered and a bonus of huge Northern Pike on flies. A magnificent trip you will never forget.
Donated by Cooper’s Minipi
(2006 price $15,890)
11. $500 Shopping Spree at Catskill Flies A gift certificate for $500 for anything you want at one of Roscoe’s premier fly shops, Catskill Flies. Time to upgrade, waders, flies, rods, reels, accessories…you can do it all. Of course, the Value is $500, don’t pass up the chance to save some bucks and support the Center.
Donated by Dennis and Ellen Skarka, Catskill Flies
12. Brook Trout in Waiting: One of the most intriguing and spectacular photos you will ever have. Member, Howie Guja, Photographer, stealthily captured this micro-second on film of a beautiful brook trout naturally disguised in it’s element. Artistically framed, this image will be a wonderful addition to any ‘trout room’.
13. Presidential Dinner for Four: Join Joan Wulff, Ted Rogowski, and hosts Sandy Stone and CFFCM President Miriam Stone in the comfort of their home for an intimate full course dinner. President Stone will pull out all stops and create a sumptuous meal to compliment a relaxing evening. Agnes Van Put will provide one of her famous deserts and Sandy will part with some of his single malts to top the evening off.
Something you think that money won’t buy…but it will.
(bid a lot)
14. Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum 25th Anniversary Reel: There is only one.It is custom crafted by Reelmaker and CFFCM Trustee, Richard Bradley at his shop in Livingston Manor. Richard is recognized as one of America’s top reel makers and has provided commissioned reels for Theodore Gordon Flyfishers and The Anglers’ Club of NY for their Centennial. Richard’s commissioned reels have brought up to $4,000. This single pillar traditional trout reel is elegantly appointed in silver and engraved as one of one for the 25th Anniversary, complete with CFFCM logo. Truly, a masterpiece that will gain value in the years to come. Only one has been made and this is it.
Donated by Richard and Barbara Bradley, Firbrook Flies and Supplies
15. Bull Trout on Sculpin: By artist and photographer, Michael Simon, Virginia. Michael has been known for his artistic fly fishing works for over 30 years as artist, fly tyer and photographer. He has contributed and provided artwork for many books and articles including John Gereich. As well as event stationary, dishes, and custom graphics. This magnificent single color, hand pulled lithograph, number 37 of 40 is the last available.
This print will provide a dramatic presence in any room.
16. Sage 9’ 5W 4 piece: Fishing and travelling? Do it in style with VPS 590-4.
Donated by our long time supporting friends at Ramsay Outdoors.
17. A Day Fishing with Bob Jacklin in Yellowstone: If you are going to Yellowstone and want a day with one of the greats, you can’t miss this fishing with Bob Jacklin. Bob is the authority on Yellowstone waters and simply the best. He has been successfully fly fishing since age 13, a master fly tyer, author, and the most respected guide on the Yellowstone. This is a great opportunity to fish with a Fly Fishing Hall of Famer, inducted in 2004. It does not get better than this. Bob will take you fishing and show you where to, how to and actually catch fish. You and Bob can pick the day this year or next and work out the logistics to meet up and have a great time experience.
Donated by Bob Jacklin
(feel free to start at 500)
18. Paul Ptalis Tied and Framed Ackroyd Paul Ptalis is the author of Century End and a world recognized expert salmon fly tyer. This auction is for an exquisite burl framed Ackroyd salmon fly.
Tied, mounted and framed by
19. Deluxe Fly Tying Desk Top Fly Tying Station: signed by the tyers of the 2006 World of Flyfishing Fly Tyers. Elegantly oak crafted fly tying station made by Phil ‘Sousa, maker of the CFFCM exhibit cases. This fly tying desk top will accommodate your every tying need. Signed by 25 noted tyers, including: Lefty Kreh, Dave Brandt, Fishy Fullum, and Floyd Franke. Take pride in keeping your tying stuff organized.
20. Mongolia, a trip for Taimen: This is the ultimate fly fishing adventure. Exotic, yes. Talk to Terry Shultz, he will spin stories of the countryside, huge fish, culture, and the pleasant people you will encounter. This trip is for one person, and includes: two night’s hotel accommodations with breakfast; transfers; round trip helicopter flight to camp; accommodations based on double occupancy and all meals including beer and wine at the fishing camp; fly patterns; fishing permits; guide services, and English speaking camp operator. You will arrive on a Wednesday, fish Friday - Wednesday and returned to the airport on the following Friday. This does not include Air fare to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia and/or China Visa. Dates to be determined. Angling Season: Spring - May 16-June 13 Fall: August 29-October 3.]
Donated by Ed Eckel, CFFCM member
(value $ 5,900 )
21. CFFCM 25th Anniversary Medallion Wine: 12 bottles of Dr. Frank’s Vinifera Wine Cellars Salmon Run Wines, 6 bottles of each Meritage (2002) and Chardonnay (2003). These bottles bear the CFFCM 25th Anniversary Medallion. Share in the celebration at home and serve the Center.
Provided in cooperation with Vinifera Wine Cellars.
22. A Day Fishing on the Brooklyn Club Water: This is a rare opportunity to enter the most private, protected, and prestigious fishing club waters in the Catskills. As a bonus, one of the most recognized & respected elder statesmen of the fly fishing community, Mr. R. Palmer Baker, will be your host for the day.
(200 – 300)
[Back To Home Page]